I AM A MILESTONES MUSTANG
I WILL LEAD NOT FOLLOW
I WILL BELIEVE NOT DOUBT
I WILL CREATE NOT DESTROY
I AM A FORCE FOR GOOD
I WILL DEFY THE ODDS
I WILL SET A NEW STANDARD
I WILL STEP UP
I AM WHAT I CHOOSE TO BE
AND EVERY DAY, IN EVERY WAY
School Uniform Policy:
Milestones Community Charter School is a uniform school. We strictly adhere to a uniform policy that provides adequate and affordable choices for parents while providing a positive learning environment, which facilitates school spirit with minimal classroom distractions. Students are expected to be in compliance with the uniform policy each and every day. Violations of the uniform policy will result in disciplinary action.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING:
- Hats or bandanas are not permitted to be worn on campus.
- ALL Outerwear must be removed when in the classroom.
- The school bus is part school property. Uniform policy will be enforced on buses.
- Shoes must be closed toe with backing. No flip-flops or high heels. Socks are required.
- Solid Sweaters and Sweatshirts (Navy, White, Green) may be worn. Crew, Collard, or V-Neck only. No Hoodies permitted to be worn in class.
MONDAY – THURSDAY
- Shirts: Collared – Polo type OR Button down (Solid: White, Navy Blue, Hunter Green). SHIRTS MUST BE SOLID AND MUST BE TUCKED IN.
- Pants, Shorts, Skirts, Capris: Solid – (Tan, Khaki, Navy Blue, Black-NO DENIM) MUST BE WORN AT THE WAIST – SHORTS/SKIRTS MUST REACH LOWER THIGH. NO RIP/TORN/PATCHES/PRINTS ON ANY PANTS, SHORTS ETC.
FRIDAY (SPIRIT DAY)
- Shirts: Collared – Polo Type OR Button down (Any Color). T-Shirt – Milestones Spirit T-Shirt/D.A.R.E. T-Shirt. SHIRTS MUST BE SOLID AND MUST BE TUCKED IN.
- Pants, Shorts, Skirts, Capris: Solid (Any Color) Denim is permitted on Friday’s. MUST BE WORN AT THE WAIST – SHORTS/SKIRTS MUST REACH LOWER THIGH. NO RIP/TORN/PATCHES/PRINTS ON ANY PANTS, SHORT ETC.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS:
- 1st offense: Teacher Warning (Parent Contact)
- 2nd offense: Student referred to Principal (Letter sent home)
- 3rd offense: Student Disciplinary referral (Parent Meeting/Detention/Suspension)
A TEAM EFFORT IS NEEDED TO PURSUE EXCELLENCE. PARENTS, TEACHERS, AND STUDENTS TOGETHER SHARE RESPONSIBILITIES TO ENSURE THAT EVERY STUDENT ATTAINS HIGH STANDARDS AND A QUALITY EDUCATION.
- Read student agenda daily
- See that the child attends school daily and arrives on time
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Encourage positive attitudes towards school
- Maintain and foster high standards of academic achievement and positive behavior
- Inform parents of their child’s progress
- Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude
- Respect cultural, racial, and ethnic differences
- Work hard to do my best in class
- Complete homework and all assignments on time
- Comply with classroom and school rules
- Show respect for myself, other people, and property
SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT:
The Mission of Milestones Community Charter School is to help students develop basic academic skills, to educate them to the greatest extent possible so they become active learners, and to teach them to be responsible citizens.
The Staff of Milestones Community Charter School believes that all students can learn if provided with a program individualized to their abilities and needs. Milestones Community Charter School will provide a researched based program designed to ensure that all students are reading on or above grade level by third grade with no regressions thereafter. Every child can and must succeed in the early grades in order to ensure the student’s continued success throughout their academic experience. The Staff of Milestones Community Charter School believes that it is necessary and important to establish cooperation with school staff, parents, and guardians, community members and agencies, and students so that each student’s opportunity for success is optimized.
Policies and Procedures:
“In accordance with Federal law, and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800)795-3272 (voice) or (202)720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”